Friday 27 January 2012

My Makeup Story Tag!!!


I absolutely loved the whole idea for this tag, so I decided to answer the questions of this tag today.

1) How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
Ans: This definitely wasn't a long time ago. About two or three years ago, when I was 11 or 12 years of age.

2) How did you get into makeup?
Ans: When I was 11 or 12 years old, my family decided to go to a trip to Hyderabad. My mom and I had to spend a day shopping, so we did. We happened to enter the only mall in Hyderabad that had a MAC Store in it. Even though I didn't actually buy anything from the store, I definitely sensed a feeling of LOVE for  all that makeup I saw. When I came back home to Bombay, I noticed that there was a MAC Store in my favourite mall as well. I was really excited and I ended up buying a lipgloss and eyeshadow from the store. One of the people who worked there told me that the MAC Venomous Villains Collection was coming out which was a collection inspired by Disney villains from various Disney cartoon, princess-y films. I got so excited and I ended up buying NINE products from the collection. I was mostly into lip glosses before I bumped into MAC, but now, my favorite "type" of makeup is blushes.

3) What are some of your favorite makeup brands?
Ans: Without any second thoughts, MAC, Revlon, Loreal and Maybelline. And I also love Urban Decay for eye products and NARS for face products.

4) What does Makeup mean to you?
Ans: Makeup is definitely a way to cover up your flaws on the outside and to make yourself feel better on the inside. I also find it to be a great way to show off your creativity. Although I admit that makeup being your LIFE is probably crossing the line a little bit, but a little bit of makeup everyday is no harm at all.

5) If you could wear only four products on your face, what would they be?
Ans: BLUSHHHHHHH!!!!, eyeshadow, highlighter (MAC Cream Colour base in Pearl to be exact) and semi-sheer, semi-opaque creamy, shiny, hydrating lipsticks.

6) What do you think about makeup?
Ans: I LOOOVVVEEE makeup. As I mentioned earlier, its a great way to show off your creative side, without having to go overboard.

7) What do you think about drugstore vs. high end makeup?
Ans: Even though I absolutely LOOOOOVE high end brands such as NARS, MAC, Urban Decay and Benefit, I have been gravitating a lot more towards drugstore makeup because of all the new products they are coming out with like the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo Eyeshadows, which are supposed to be exactly like MAC Paint Pots and Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters. I can't wait for these products to come out in India!!! 

8) What is one tip of advice you would give to a beginner?
Ans: If you are getting into makeup, it isn't the only thing you should think about, because skincare matters a lot too. You need to protect your skin to prevent breakouts as some makeup products can be harmful to your skin. Also, don't be too heavy handed with your makeup and watch a few youtube beauty videos to learn how to choose the correct makeup products and makeup brushes for you.

9) What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Ans: This probably isn't a trend anymore, but it certainly was a trend during the 1990s and early, early 2000's, but it was to make your lipliner darker than your actual lipstick or gloss. So creepy!!!!!

10) What do you think about the beauty community on Blogger/Youtube?
Ans: As long as the beauty gurus are honest, yes I absolutely love it. In fact, I learnt all about makeup and how to apply it only because of the beauty community on the Internet. Some of my favourite youtube beauty gurus are emilynoel83 (aka Emily Eddington or Beauty Broadcast) and amarixe (aka Allison). Some of my favourite beauty gurus who blog are temptalia (aka Christine) and makeup and beauty blog (aka Karen).

11) Who are your style icons?
And:(I changed the question a bit since I have many style icons) Ever since my mom introduced me to her, I really have been loving Audrey Hepburn's style. As for people who are still alive, I really like the Olsen twins, Zoe Saldana, Jennifer Aniston and for Indian actresses, without a doubt, Sonam Kapoor. 








No comments:

Post a Comment