Tuesday 10 January 2012

Ananya's Review: Revlon Colourburst Lipsticks



                                            (from left to right) Soft Nude, Rosy Nude, Fuchsia 
                                            Swatches(from left to right) Soft Nude, Rosy Nude, Fuchsia

          So today I'm going to be giving a review on one of my absolute favorite lipstick brands, and that is the Revlon Colourburst Lipsticks. The first thing that I noticed about these lipsticks was their cute checkered design. When I first discovered Revlon I saw these and really thought they were going to be superbly expensive. But luckily, they are not!!! The Revlon lipsticks come in a variety of shades but the ones that I own are Soft Nude, Rosy Nude and Fuchsia. Soft Nude, which is definitely the most popular lipstick from this line of lipstick, is a clean nude with an apricot-y undertone to it. The slight orange tones makes this one of the only nude colours that works on my tanned skin. Rosy Nude, which is my favorite out of the three, is a very wearable, dusty mauve, rose kinda colour. And Fuchsia is an absolutely gorgeous bright hot pink, which surprisingly, is very wearable as compared to any other bright fuchsia there is.
          These lipsticks are creamy and as I like to describe it, one-third sheer and two-thirds pigmented and that, according to me, is the perfect pigmentation I like to have in my lipsticks. Oh, one more thing before I forget is that I love how the packaging has a little colour swatch on the top of the lipstick, which is similar to the actual colour of the lipstick itself. I find that very appropriate for people who have a huge collection of lipsticks and like to stack their lipsticks standing up.
          PRICE: Rs. 550 or $5 
          AVAILABLE AT: Any close by makeup department store
          OVERALL GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment